Eccocar is a B2B SAAS company that supports rental car companies (and other mobility players) in the digitization of their services. The solution of Eccocar addresses the industry’s three major problems simultaneously: (i) The rental car industry’s customer experience is extremely poor, (ii) The rental car market is characterized by a huge fleet (8 mio rental cars globally), with a high cost of traditional fleet operations due to lack of intelligence and (iii) iIt is specific for the rental car business that +/- 50% of its customer acquisition comes through large customer acquisition platforms like Rentalcars.com / Kayak. Eccocar provides (i) a Digital Rental Software that allows any car rental fleet to offer their vehicles in self-service mode, using an APP where the end-user can book, checkin and access the vehicle with a smartphone and skip the counter; (ii) vehicle connectivity to gather real-time data, interact with the vehicle and unleash the full potential of upselling during the journey, and (iii) connection with brokers and travel agencies to bring new leads and business to the car rental company. Today, Eccocar has a team of 25 operating from Madrid, Vigo, Coruña and Colombia. To lead its next growth phase, the company is looking for a CEO experienced in the growth stage of a B2B SAAS company. The CEO will guide the company through its next phase challenges, being (i) to steer the ship through a vast range of market opportunities by keeping focus to the company and (ii) to transform the company from a customer-driven to a product-driven and sales-led companya product-led to a sales-led company. The founders and its shareholders – a mixture between angels, VC’s and strategic investors - have arranged for a fully-funded plan and the assets to succeed.
Key Responsibilities as a CEO
Manage business & operations strategy and execution
- Establish a clear company vision and direction, and define the overall strategy ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives
- Driving growth, profitability and company value
- Manage the company’s position in the car rental industry by partnership building and continuous market research on competitors
- Driving day-to-day operations
- Manage revenue, expenses and external financing to maintain the consistent growth of the business
- Owning the operational budget and managing burn rate
- Keep the Board of Directors informed on progress on strategic goals
- Establish Go-To-Market plan and execution
Take full ownership of Go-to-market strategy
- Devise product go-to-market process, plan timelines, launch scenarios and pricing
- Spot risks to new product lines or sales channels and develop relevant responding plans.
- Help with all technical issues raised by our clients, negotiating solution plans
- Update marketing data, gather new business intelligence
- Focusing on customer acquisition for the first quarters
- Ability to close enterprise sales operations
Build and manage a motivated team
- You’ll design hiring plans and hold your team members accountable for their OKR’s, while creating an environment that brings out the best in everyone
- You’ll build a framework for growth so as to have the right amount and type of roles to support the company’s goals.
- Be the inspiring connection between all departments
- Hire, onboard and train high performing team members.
- Experience building and scaling GTM organizations at Series A-B companies
- Proven track record in B2B SaaS, and in people management.
- Experience in leading successful fundraising effort in the past.Sufficient understanding of VC financing and deal structure and be able to negotiate the best deal for the company balancing future and existing investors’ benefits
- Proven success as an enterprise software/tech leader
- Relevant sales experience including management of Sales, Marketing and Customer Success functions
- Experience hiring, retaining and developing a scaled team. You are an excellent motivator and can also have tough conversations when needed.
- Track record of building, scaling, training, and coaching high functioning teams
- Strong EQ, the ability to listen with empathy, and communicate effectively as a player/coach
- Excellent written and oral communication, as well as presentation skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly
- Proven track record in dealing with P&L responsibilities
- Have a strong business & financial acumen.
- Experience in Go-To-Market product launch is a big plus
- Industry experience in e-commerce or selling into marketing target audiences is a plus
- Ability to speak fluently Spanish and English and highly recommended Spanish.
This is a chance to join an innovative an exceptional startup as their new CEO with a competitive equity stake.