Senior DevOps Engineer
EIVEE was founded in 2020 in Copenhagen, Denmark, by leading specialists with 15+ years of top-tier consultancy experience within sustainability, procurement & supply chain management. They follow an ambitious growth plan and employ a broad team of fun and ambitious people within GHG management, software development, product, sales, marketing, and financing.
Your new company
EIVEE is passionate about helping companies reduce their carbon footprint. Their mission is simple: they want to make it easy for businesses to measure their emissions and start their journey towards a greener future. That's why they've created a cutting-edge tech platform that provides market-leading accuracy and expert-validated insights into a company's climate impact.
With the support of top investors in the Nordics, they're on a rapid growth trajectory, and they're looking for talented individuals like you to join their mission. If you're excited about making a real impact on the world by helping businesses become more sustainable, this is a great fit.
Your new role
You will join the product engineering team under the tech department, led by CTO Christian Thode Larsen. The team comprises approximately 10 ambitious developers collaborating to make magic happen within the frontend, backend, and cloud infrastructure web product pillars. Their developers are a mix of people, some situated at the Copenhagen office and a few remotely across the world. Core highlights from the team include proactive and daily communication and collaboration using Slack and other tools, agile-inspired development patterns using bi-weekly cycles and a strong focus on producing high-quality code and products while maintaining a focus on their roadmap and delivery schedules. In this role, your responsibilities will be:
- To architect and operate a robust, scalable infrastructure on Google Cloud using Terraform and Terraform Cloud.
- To deploy and oversee our CQRS architecture of microservices - including go backends, Typescript frontend applications and NGINX proxies - using Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm.
- To set up authentication platforms like Keycloak to ensure secure and reliable operations.
- To harness the power of Kafka, PostgreSQL, and Memcached to manage and process their data flows, thereby ensuring fault tolerance and speed.
- To utilise Git and ArgoCD for their GitOps first approach for a great developer experience and to ensure smooth transitions between testing and production environments through CI&CD.
- To craft comprehensive ADRs (Architectural Decision Records) to guide projects from concept to implementation.
- Implementing security measures and monitoring tools to maintain the integrity of our systems and data.
What you’ll need to be a success
You are excited about joining Eivee on their journey of helping companies towards a greener future and thrive in a highly collaborative environment with ambitious and diverse colleagues. You find yourself resonating with their values: Integrity, Unity, and Care, and you’d like to represent the convergence of technology, people, and operations. You understand distributed systems and have a tenacious approach to developing, scaling, and improving solutions while maintaining decisions rooted within the context of a fast-paced startup. You also possess the adaptability to respond to product requirements changes and can seamlessly prioritise and manage your work. Furthermore, you fulfil the following criteria:
- Experience with any cloud provider (GCP preferred)
- Experience with authentication systems (Keycloak preferred)
- Understanding of distributed systems (CQRS preferred)
- Experience building scalable infrastructure (preferably with Terraform)
- Experience with instrumentation, monitoring, and alerting tools (Datadog preferred)
- Familiarity with backend and frontend build tools and pipelines
What you’ll get in your new role
You will join an innovative and technological startup. Here, you will gain responsibility and an opportunity to take part in building high-performing and scalable infrastructure that significantly affects Eivee’s future market share. Furthermore:
- You will get a truly meaningful job as they put sustainability at the heart of everything they do
- You can expect a steep learning curve due to the ever-changing nature of sustainability as a field
- You will quickly have an impact in your new role as their dynamic work processes offer a short path from idea to action
- You will work from their modern office in Østerbro, Copenhagen, where they have an amazing canteen, and never go down on snacks or social events
- You will be a part of a friendly, compassionate, and inventive team consisting of 20 different nationalities: one where they help each other out, have fun, and make results — together
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this position, please reach out to Recruitment business Partner Polina Arkhipova at +45 3154 0250 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To speed up the process, please attach your CV.