Executive Assistant (EA) to the CEO at Portchain
Are you ready to join the quickly growing tech startup Portchain on its mission to make container shipping more predictable, efficient and green?
We are looking for an Executive Assistant for full-time employment to work as the right hand to the CEO, and directly with the founder team. We're looking for someone driven by passion, purpose, and the urge to both develop and make a difference. Dive into a challenging and rewarding environment where every member's contribution directly impacts our shared goal of a sustainable future.
The Executive Assistant (EA) role is integral to the smooth operation of Portchain and the ability to grow as quickly as possible. As the right-hand individual to our CEO, you'll have the unique opportunity to also work directly with our Founder group, offering insights, driving initiatives, and ensuring the seamless execution of our mission. The ambition is for this person to manage all the support functions needed to run a thriving 30+ person tech startup from a practical perspective.
Your responsibility areas include, but are not limited to:
- Accounting and bookkeeping
- Maintain and update the budget/financial model; schedule monthly internal financial meetings
- Oversee monthly bookkeeping and prepare for monthly financial meetings with the founder team
- Extract and provide monthly and quarterly financial reports for internal and board use.
- Manage the flow of expenses and reimbursements.
- Ensure timely reporting to external authorities on all matters related to running a business
- Oversee payroll, handle travel bookings, and manage company contract templates and addendums
- HR and Social
- Lead HR initiatives such as quarterly leadership reviews
- Support with recruiting new team members
- Organize team gatherings, team events and coordinate social activities
- Support scheduling and booking of business trips
- Office management
- Ensure we have the right setup to support an awesome working environment
- Coordinate office tasks, including ordering supplies and IT gear.
Optional based on personal interest:
- Help prepare presentation material for board meetings and other significant events.
- Develop and present reports, including customer growth analytics and cost analyses to support strategic decisions.
- Get deeper engaged in HR in the company e.g., conduct 1-1 meetings with team members to foster a cohesive company culture and understand team dynamics, and help in the interview process of new team members
Proficiency in Excel.
An interest or background in accounting
A passion for multitasking and undertaking a wide array of tasks.
Desire to dive into an adventure with Portchain, where innovation meets sustainability, and where your contributions translate into lasting global impact.
Competitive salary, flexible working environment, amazing colleagues in a great location (Amaliegade 14A)
A culture that encourages growth, and opportunities to expand and switch your context.
Engage firsthand in a startup environment and culture that encourages significant personal development, contributing to real-time growth.
Collaborate directly with company leaders, gaining unparalleled experience.
Embrace the challenge and rewards of running the practicalities of a tech startup.
Enjoy flexible work hours and choose your work location (min. 2 in-office days per week).
There is clearly more to a job than “where do I sit” - It’s about culture, it’s about social connections. It’s about helping each other become productive team members. That is why the Portchain employee-journey is a journey of growth. As the company grows, we want you to grow, contribute and develop with it. We take pride in each individual contributing in their own distinct way - it is not just about where you are, but also where you want to go in your career - we want to go there with you!