Senior Product Designer
Your new company
Portchain is looking for a new Senior Product Designer for their team who wants to play a prominent part in developing Portchain’s products and help reshape the world of maritime container shipping. They use Terasa Torres, Continuous Discovery, as a guideline (but not the only one), and if you appreciate that, you will be essential to establishing a product-driven culture.
The container shipping industry is the backbone of global trade, with 90% of all goods transported by a container. The industry could be more efficient: 50% of all container vessels are delayed coming into port, and fundamental planning processes are done manually in basic tools and spreadsheets.
They are dedicated to building a modern and user-friendly SaaS platform where users in the shipping industry can make quick decisions and stay informed through organised data. To achieve this, they use data, mathematical modelling, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and optimisation to help the users get full transparency on their operations and make better decisions.
They have a 30-person strong team of 10 nationalities, with half the company working remotely. The product and engineering team has many years of experience, so you will get expert colleagues to work, learn, and collaborate with. You will be working with their current Senior Product Designer and will form the backbone of their Design team, which is also planned to grow even more over the next 12 months.
What will your role be
The challenges the container industry faces are enormous and have a worldwide impact, so if you are looking to solve the most significant problems, they have them lined up and ready to be worked on! You’ll require your strong sense of discovery and turning that into knowledge and insights to form the path. You will not be doing that alone, as you will join a fully cross-functional team to ensure you can act autonomously throughout all the steps.
They are product-centric and keenly focused on discussing the “Why” and not the “What” when it comes to framing what they want to solve, so you will also play a key role in ensuring they have an outcome-focused approach to their goals.
Tasks and Responsibilities
You would be their guiding light when turning vision into a powerful digital experience. You are responsible for creating and iterating on all the design-related artefacts like mock-ups, user journeys, designs, etc. You will collaborate closely with product and engineering to design, prototype and iterate. They don’t believe in siloed pixel-perfect PSD handovers but in a common approach where they work together to achieve the desired result. Some of what you will be doing:
- Collaborative creation of designs for their web-based tool.
- Be the user advocate and source of knowledge – Gain a user understanding, do research and think UX thoughts for their product.
- Analyse research data and make it digestible for your colleagues.
- Use Flow and story mapping to help people around you understand what they want the user to experience.
- Use collaborative tools like Figma and set up the Design System, enabling them to work more efficiently so all can spend time on what matters.
- Honing your visual design skills for when their Design System isn’t enough or when they need to extend it.
Role Requirements that’ll help you succeed as a Senior Product Designer
- You’ve had +5 years of professional experience, tried on different team sizes, and a couple of business contexts.
- Hands-on experience with user research and UX work.
- Experience with Information Architecture and visual design skills with the knowledge of how to apply design systems.
- You are a good team player and collaborate well with different subject-matter-experts and stakeholders to increase the quality of the deliverables.
- Technical understanding or skills, where you can speak fluently with developers and maybe even do a bit yourself.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
What's in it for you
Competitive salary, flexible working environment, great lunch (If in CPH), and amazing colleagues in a diverse team who enrich their experience and create more holistic solutions.
A culture encourages organic growth, with opportunities to expand and switch your context as you grow. To help this, a budget and time are also set aside for your career and skill development.
There is more to a job than “Where do I sit?”. It’s about culture and social connections. It’s about helping each other become productive team members. That is why the Portchain employee journey is a journey of growth.
They want you to succeed, contribute, and develop as the company grows. They take pride in everyone contributing in their distinct way - it is not just about where you are, but also where you want to go in your career - They want to go there with you!
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this position, please get in touch with Recruitment business Partner Martin Gejlsbjerg at +45 3117 9450 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To speed up the process, please attach your CV and/or a Portfolio.
You can read more about the team and their culture on the website: https://www.portchain.com/