Senior Product Manager
Your new company
Portchain is looking for a new Senior Product Manager for their Product team, where you will play a prominent part in developing Portchain’s products and people and help reshape the world of maritime container shipping. They consider them ‘Inspired’ by Marty Cagan, a guideline for good product management (but not the only one). If you agree, you will be essential to establishing a product-driven culture.
The container shipping industry is the backbone of global trade, with 90% of all goods transported by a container. The industry could be more efficient: 50% of all container vessels are delayed coming into port, and fundamental planning processes are done manually in basic tools and spreadsheets.
Portchain is dedicated to building a modern and user-friendly SaaS platform where users in the shipping industry can make quick decisions and stay informed through organised data. To achieve this, they use data, mathematical modelling, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and optimisation to help the users get full transparency on their operations and make better decisions.
Portchain is a 30-person strong team of 10 nationalities, with half the company working remotely. The engineering team has an average of nine years of experience, so you will get experienced colleagues to work, learn, and collaborate with.
What will your role be
The challenges the container industry faces are enormous and have a worldwide impact, so if you are looking to solve the most significant problems, they have them lined up and ready to be worked on!
As a member of Product, you will, together with your team, take ownership of one of their core areas and make sure that the value offering continues to meet the needs of their users.
A strong sense of discovery and turning that into knowledge and insights that can help form their path is pivotal to success. You will not be doing that alone, as you will join a fully cross-functional team to ensure you can act autonomously throughout all the steps.
Portchain is keenly focused on discussing the Why and not the What when it comes to framing what they want to solve, so you will also play a key role in ensuring they have an outcome-focused approach to their goals.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain and evolve a product vision for your domain.
- Have a deep understanding of the relevant user segments.
- Close collaboration with your Design and Engineering colleagues.
- External and internal stakeholder management.
- A good grasp of the relevant problems to solve.
- Establishing success criteria and defining ways to measure them.
- A steady flow of product information to the rest of the company.
- And all the other parts of what a PM does.
- You’ve had +5 years of professional experience as a Senior Product Manager, working with one or multiple products.
- Experience with engaging with users and customers.
- A professional passion for finding good problems to solve.
- You are a good team player and collaborate well with different subject-matter-experts and stakeholders to increase the quality of the deliverables.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills paired with the ability to build creative and efficient solutions.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
What's in it for you
Competitive salary, flexible working environment, great lunch (If in CPH), and amazing colleagues.
A culture encourages organic growth, with opportunities to expand and switch your context as you grow. To help this, a budget and time are also set aside for your career and skill development.
There is more to a job than “where do I sit” - It’s about culture and social connections. It’s about helping each other become productive team members. That is why the Portchain employee journey is a journey of growth.
They want you to succeed, contribute, and develop as the company grows. They take pride in everyone contributing in their distinct way - it is not just about where you are, but also where you want to go in your career - They want to go there with you!
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this position, please reach out to Recruitment business Partner Martin Gejlsbjerg at +45 3117 9450 or email@example.com. To speed up the process, please attach your CV.