Senior Backend Engineer
Raffle.ai is a well-funded Danish SaaS start-up specializing in developing world-class AI-powered search products. They’re building the next generation of search tools based on Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processes, and Artificial Intelligence. These innovative tools integrate with platforms like SharePoint and Confluence, providing businesses with intelligent search capabilities surpassing traditional keyword-based solutions. Raffle.ai is committed to delivering relevant and updated information directly to end-users, enhancing accessibility and efficiency.
Your new company
As an agile organization whose development processes are based on agile approaches and combined with their modern continuous integration infrastructure and 100% cloud-based products, they have a short distance from code to production. They’re keen on running and working code, not heavy processes. This, combined with a solid financial foundation, has given Raffle.ai an exciting opportunity to scale a refined and sought-after product.
Your new responsibilities and tasks
Much of your work will include continuous collaboration with your Research and Development colleagues. You will bring your technical insights, taking your ideas to implementations, with your hands-on involvement in contributing to the codebase. You’ll be working on brand-new features, developing from the ground up, and setting the technical direction. In this role, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Lead the design and implementation of new backend services
- Work on maintaining and enhancing their existing microservices, backend features, APIs, and cloud infrastructure
- Assist colleagues through design and code reviews, sharing knowledge and insights to improve project outcomes
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to bring advanced ML and AI models into production, ensuring technical feasibility and integration
- Contribute to the development culture at Raffle by emphasizing best practices and high standards for code quality.
What you need to succeed
You are passionate, organized, and self-driven, and with great teamwork skills and a problem-solving attitude, you’ll excel in this role. You have a devotion for great software and software craftsmanship. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and an enthusiasm for learning new things and keeping up to date on current topics in the field. Furthermore, you will be able to contribute by having:
- 5 years of experience working in backend development
- Proficient in GoLang
- Familiarity with Relational Databases, including PostgreSQL and Redis
- Skilled in using Linux and Docker; some knowledge of Kubernetes is beneficial
- Experience in developing REST APIs
- Knowledge of test frameworks, version control systems, and continuous integration (CI) processes
- Strong foundation in computer science principles and extensive experience in building robust software applications
- A degree in computer science or software engineering is preferred
You naturally understand technology and its usage, so having experience with distributed and scalable systems, agile development processes, and having an interest in ML and AI solutions is an advantage but not a requirement. It is beneficial if you are interested in Frontend and Python development.
What you’ll get in your new role
You will join an innovative and technological company based in Copenhagen next to Amalienborg. Here, you will gain responsibility and an opportunity to take charge of projects significantly affecting the product. You will also get:
- Focus on personal and professional development
- Nice compensation package and Health Insurance
- Catered lunch in their office in Copenhagen
- Friday bars, tech meetups, Company events, etc.
- A hybrid work environment
What you need to do now
If you're a talented engineer looking to make a substantial impact at a dynamic company like Raffle.ai, this opportunity is for you. You'll be crucial in shaping the company's technological advancements and growth. Please get in touch with Recruitment Business Partner Martin Gejlsbjerg at +45 3117 9450 or firstname.lastname@example.org, and feel free to attach your CV to facilitate the process.