Head of Sales
Let’s change the world together! 🌍🌱 Responsibly is a venture capital funded sustainability tech start-up with the vision of making every purchase in the world responsible. Why? Because the supply chain makes up 93% of the avg. company’s footprint, and procurement is the gatekeeper to unlock one of the largest forces for impact in the world! In addition to tackling one of the world’s largest problems, and aiming to make a huge impact, we’re passionate about building the company we’ve always wanted to work in. That means a company full of talented and inspirational individuals that want to do their best work ever to solve a huge meaningful problem. It means a flat and transparent culture where everyone is an empowered owner and where the best ideas win. And it means having fun while we do it, because life is simply too short! We're founded by serial entrepreneurs and techies with previous successes like Ofload, and have raised pre-seed and seed funding from some of Europe's top VCs and angels to build a sustainability and tech powerhouse headquartered in Copenhagen 🤘.
Join a rocketship that’s taking off and lead our commercial efforts 🌟
We’ve launched a stellar product and have onboarded the first group of awesome customers. With our seed funding closed, we’re now ready to supercharge our growth, and are looking for a strong commercial leader to join our very product-focused leadership team and drive sales strategy and results.
Our sales function is the foundation of our growth, and is supported by strong inbound and product-driven efforts. You’ll be working with an awesome product that is easily demonstrable and can generate “wow” moments and value to clients during the sales cycle. The topic of supply chain sustainability is hot, and is top of mind for any chief procurement or sustainability officer out there. The challenge for you will be heavy prioritization, sorting out readiness to take action in a sea of interest, and working with our leadership, product, and marketing teams, to continuously improve on our product-market fit as we graduate towards Series A.
You’ll work directly with the founder and CEO, build up a team in sales, work with our amazing product team to ensure we built the best possible product for our users, work with our talented marketing team to fill your pipeline and ensure we have the most compelling message out there, and get mentorship both from inside the company and leading experts outside. If you’re excited about this, and ready to do your best work ever to sell a product that will literally make the world a better place, then read on!
What you’ll be doing 🙌
- Lead our sales function and work directly with our CEO to build up a top-performing selling organization
- You’ll be an individual contributor that helps bring in new business to Responsibly together with our CEO and sales team
- You’ll lead the transition from founder sales to a professional sales organization, and will be leading a team of initially 2 junior SDRs/salesOps and 1 AE, and help build that up as we demonstrate results.
- You’ll work strategically with the CEO, product and marketing teams on anything from pricing, GtM strategy, ICP definitions, to product prioritization and the journey towards strong PMF.
- You’ll lead and experiment with different sales tactics to optimize conversion rates
- You’ll monitor and manage the funnel performance and other relevant metrics
About your amazing self 😎
- You have been a top sales performer in B2B SaaS for several years and have graduated into sales management and leadership, but still want to be close to the action. You can both show how it’s done and coach someone else to do it.
- You have an entrepreneurial personality and you get more excited by problem solving and “figuring things out” vs. scaling up proven processes.
- You have set up or have helped set up the sales process and team for a previous organization, including guiding the team on how to target customers, prepare materials, prioritize the sales funnel. Bonus points if you created a sales team from scratch!
- You have worked with ACVs of €10-50k and mid-large size clients
- You may have experience with other parts of the sales process like account management, but your passion lies with bringing in new business
- You are an excellent communicator and can easily simplify complex domains and help develop the right messagings, material, etc.
- You are highly strategic, know how to understand and navigate clients problems, and how to share your insights to get the best out of marketing and product teams.
- You can work holistically with the sales funnel from empowering SDRs to generate demand to optimizing and improving late stage conversion rates
- It’s a bonus if you’ve worked and sold to sustainability or procurement teams before, but not a requirement!
- You also don’t need sustainability expertise, we can teach you, but you need to be a quick learner and love to dive deep into a new domain.
- You already live in Copenhagen, or have working rights and are excited to relocate to Copenhagen
- Competitive salary & ownership of the company! We want to bring you into the leadership and ownership of the company.
- Lots of fun, like our annual company event or Friday bars!
- An amazing culture with a flat structure, high transparency, and awesome people.
- Office located in the city center, the buzzing Meatpacking District of beautiful Copenhagen